The Ibrahim Janajreh Young Innovator Program was established in 2005 to recognize existing, successful South Carolina programs that engage, encourage and acknowledge young people in the areas of science, technology, math and innovation. Michelin North America is proud to sponsor the Ibrahim Janajreh Young Innovator Program.
The award is named in honor of the memory and ideals of Dr. Ibrahim Janajreh. Dr. Janajreh was an InnoVision Award recipient in 2000, as the project leader for the Michelin X One tire that turns 18-wheel trucks into 10-wheelers by replacing two dual tires with one wide single tire. A brilliant scientist and unique individual, Dr. Janajreh was an important part of Michelin for more than 15 years, and served on the InnoVision Advisory Board of Directors for three years.
The Young Innovators Program is consistent with the mission of the InnoVision Technology Awards: building the future of the State through technology and innovation.
The Purpose of The Ibrahim Janajreh Young Innovator Program
To highlight programs within the State of South Carolina that engage, encourage, acknowledge young people in the areas of science, technology, math and innovation. By doing so, we hope to
- Provide additional recognition of the organizations sponsoring the programs
- Provide additional recognition of and motivation for the young innovators
- Influence the young innovators to remain in South Carolina as they begin to advance their careers.
- Raise awareness of the need for such programs
- Encourage more support of such programs by the South Carolina business community
- Young Innovator Finalists will be recognized with a one-minute overview of their respective programs.
- Program student winners and program advisers will be introduced at the reception
- Programs and winners will be recognized on stage
- Student program winners and their adviser will be guests of The InnoVision Advisory Board of Directors
- Description of all Finalists’ programs with contact information will be included as an insert in the program or “goody” bag and will be featured on The InnoVision Awards website.
Celebrating Excellence. Honoring Distinction. Applauding Innovation.